Friday, June 01, 2007

you break my heart
but I forgive you

that's a lie

you don't break my heart
I do

that's a lie

I don't forgive you

you break my heart
I let you
I break my heart
I have to
it isn't real
it isn't real loss
I won't tear my clothes
I won't bare my soul
it isn't real pain

that's a lie

you don't break my heart
I don't forgive you

you have everything you need

that's a dangerous little lie

You want me
you don't want me
you don't know what you want
I know what you need
I don't know where to start
nothing started
I need a finish

that's true

When i see the picture of you
or they say your name
there is no man or power
i will not break down
to get to you
i am so weak and animal
when my blood rises
when my heart beats faster
when my breath freezes in my lungs
because you just walked in the room

when i am fully on the game
in a rare moment bordering something neighbouring intelligence
i see the whole truth
and know I must get over you

when I have six or seven drinks
i see that truth for the lie it is
my supressed heart breaks out in floods of aching words
i become readied for the martyrs hymn
i sing it at the top of my lungs
i'm coming for her
i'm coming for her
i tell myself

in the end,
i always end up sober

The strange thing is
if i spent more time drunk
i would get much more done

but i don't need alcohol to come to my senses anymore
i just need a little more anguish

anguish makes the world go round
i'm coming for you
i'm coming for you this time

No comments: