Saturday, February 08, 2014

Thank you, Sarah.

Oh fuck,
Sarah,
Bless you for bringing me back.

You're like the virgin sacrifice that brings me incarnate.
You're like the straw that sent the camel's back into spasm.

Sarah,
I relish my desire for you more than I relish you.
Forgive, but, it's been so long since I gave much of a fuck.

All flesh was cheapened.
I never trusted a woman's affection - how could she know she wanted me,
When the me she knew was all I had presented in the lyrics and the prose and the video?

But you, Sarah,
Bring out desire, somehow
And that's fantastical to me.
You're a relic.

I try to keep it quiet
But all the signs point to my return.
The agents sense it - they are queuing.
My publisher stammers with excitement.
I prowl around Soho with a tiger's growl,
And finally it is once more authentic.

Thank you, Sarah,
For helping me to ache again.
I feel just like a person.
I have every intention
Of being incredible.

Once they said I should be something for this generation.
Fuck this generation.
I'm going to be the high priest of your cunt.
I do not know a higher calling.
Should I ever put into words the allure of your shining flesh,
The anguish of your swollen want,
Then I have surpassed this and every generation.
Then I have sent oblivion into orgasm
And can take my place
A smile within the stars,
The warmth of your warmest heart.

Thank you Sarah.

No comments: