The fucking moon…
It’s there.
Oh, the moon, oh. There it is.
Whole and bright.
White bright disc,
With a magic pull – a powerful lust of sky,
It pulls me in,
But I am not resisting.
I have always been in league with the Moon.
I have been to the Moon.
Let me tell you:
There are rivers of white water,
Magnesium fire-flies burning under ripples of streams –
There are palm trees of silver
And women – oh the women – who sing as sirens,
Sweet sirens,
With song that is at once soul and orgasm –
This is the sound of the moon,
This is the sway of the moon,
This is its taste and scent.
I sat across from Alysia
And wondered
If her smile was as good to touch
As the moon.
We threw paper planes at each other
And I could not help but notice
The beauty that she wore so carelessly,
So absentmindedly,
The lunatic.
And the girl
Whose name meant Full Moon
Was a picture all right.
I give her to you now:
You hold her in your hands,
And she is like the man, the woman,
That you held who made you fall in love.
Her thin waist and dark Indian skin and sweet scent
And soft breast and hard nipple
Is all that makes you fall in love
The way you fell in love that time
So deep, so far…
You look into her young eyes and gulp.
You lie beside her at night
And bury your nose in her hair of soft silk.
You weep beside her at night as the Moon pours through the
windows,
Because you know she is a phenomenon of light,
Because you know she is an accidental perfection,
Because you do not believe in love or beauty or perfection,
And yet, here she is.
Because she reminds you of that man you dreamed of as a
young girl,
That girl you half imagined as a young boy.
Because the Moon is so unreal, so imagined, so overwhelming
in its beauty,
And yet,
Look up.
The moon,
The fucking moon,
It’s there.
4 comments:
somehow the moon( the fucking moon ) is a comfort and anything you need it to be on nights when you can't sleep
Agreed.
And I still believe a full moon casts a spell.
I've always hated the fact that I've succumbed to the fascination offered by the moon, and have let myself gaze at it in various states of emotion and think its presence at that moment is significant.
I've always hated that fact, and yet I've continued to do it.
My general problem with beautiful women.
Lunacy.
Post a Comment