Wednesday, July 31, 2013

it is not a new sun
but an old sun
that turns old skin into dead skin
but it is a new scene
and a new act
and a new girl behind the bar

so I watch, with age,
and catch every note and every expected chord change
hear all the tiny imperfections
hear all the usual ill-judged impressions
and pass my judgements
I am much, much better
of course, I am much, much better
My song brings down the world
My song sets me on the clouds
My song, girl, you should hear my song

the girl behind the bar
does not smile at me
the girl behind the bar is Brazilian and pretty
the girl behind the bar
does not smile at me
and I am not sure if there has ever been a greater injustice

within a crowd of young and vibrant souls
I am accomplished,
even respected,
but thoroughly, utterly sick

Thoroughly, absolutely,
entirely, utterly sick

the girl behind the bar has uniform mannequin skin
and suspicious symmetry
a black lace bra holding large breasts
tremendous breasts
superlative breasts
the best of the best of the breasts
that I strongly suspect
would be just too much to see

I drink too much
I don't play my songs no more
and the girl behind the bar is killing me

No comments: