Vision
I take you to the nights of youth
salt water on our lips
beneath the stars at dead of night
dark mountain climb
I take you up crumbling path
beside the gushing stream
the fern scent dizzying our minds
so strong
no wind
and strong star light
that keeps the sleeping world subdued
our mountain here
the trickling mud and ancient breaking stone
our mountain here is Love
I lay you down
you lay me down
side by side
on Cader Idris
and god breathes between us
fills our lungs
the moths and bats and ticks and gnats
know us like the moss
because this mountain
and all its dripping stone and drenched grass
is our Love
the caves are my throat
and the breeze is my song
and the trees are your touch
and the streams are your prayers
and my sweetheart,
dear sweet young hope,
this mountain is our Love
this mountain is our soul
But in the morning,
as always,
we both come down
No comments:
Post a Comment