Friday I sat across from Claudine and stared
concentrating hard to see if I could abolish her hold on me
her beauty
but i went home in love a little sad
a little tinge of suicide
the usual kind
that never ends in tears
Saturday I went to the Zoo
and i saw the gorillas
and the fire eaters
and a friend tried to set me up with her sister
but I was not drunk enough to want to kiss her
and then I was carried home
and woke up alone
on the couch in her living room
so I left and it was Sunday
and then I was on the road and in Wales
before I could take my breath
I was drunk again
and full of smiles
dancing like a fool
and then i was at a wedding
and then I was on the floor of a hotel room
and then i was in a car on the back seat
and then i was on a football pitch
on monday tuesday evening
scoring the greatest goal the players had ever seen
and then i was asleep
and then i was awake today
and in an office
that no longer held Claudine
and her substitute was tormenting me
and i had a song in my head
No comments:
Post a Comment