what you've got to know is
it was never the words we used
it was the armies we positioned behind the scenes
it was never the vocabulary
it was the arsenal
I want you to know
that I loved your body
that my body loved your body
and my mind loved your body
that if there are hearts which men like me can claim
then my heart too
adored your body
I want you to know that I cried on your body
I wept on your body
I lived and died beside the epic honesty of your outrageous body
I was born for your body
I was martyred for your body
I could not have loved just any body
I want you to know
I never found a way to kiss your mind or soul
but through the overwhelming conquest of your generous body
I want you to know what you do not know
It could not have been just any body
You
were the loved
lover
I want you to know that it was never the art of our words
it was the hand on heart
the hand on small of my back
and your back
your breath soft breeze upon my chest
my hands the tireless tide of a restless ocean
our bodies, love,
our bodies
the timid powers of true devotion
No comments:
Post a Comment