Tuesday, May 29, 2007

i have sarah eager
and grace comes soon
it's too easy to play the injured soldier
i haven't the heart
the truth is,
the truth...
i only want you
still

only you

i do expect to feel the sharp cut
of your unlove
in the fall out from last night
i do expect
but i look forward to it
i look forward to feeling something

when is it going to come?
when are you going to crush me?
sometimes I fear you won't
i couldn't bear it

you put me off such pretty faces
you soured my tongue
you made me hungry for something
I cannot taste
but the memory
the dream of it is always in my head
you made me long for you night after night
day after day
writing shit words and an anthem for you
you made me drink hard
you made me lose my edge
you helped me find it again
you helped me smile
you made my heart hurt
and you made it burn
you brought me back from humdrum love
to power and violence
you struck me down and raised me up
I learnt to fuck because I wanted you so bad
you broke me,
it was just what I needed
so now I'm begging for it
finish me off
kill it
end this dance
i am ready to be disconnected

you're so beautiful
i still give you everything

No comments: