the whole day the sun shone
we walked among the potted plants
we joked
we spent
we smiled
and then returned to cider in the sun
and she told me about love
and the way her man did not have enough
for her
though she was head over heels
for him
I tried to say the right things
but I never have the right thoughts
she is beautiful
and naive
and many many good things
no wonder
she's not happy
then the crowd arrives
and I transform into the entertainment
push the wit out like a fleet of war
and set about my conquests
one by one I fell them
then take them as a group
the shining eyes
the surreal jokes
the honest open love
these are my friends
and I want to make them happy
then to the pub
and bar
and restaurant
and pub
and then perhaps,
perhaps,
a club
but enough...
I need a rest
and there is no one here I wish to undress
just friends
the people I love
but now plans afoot
to take me tomorrow
to that very same fucking nightclub
where I always fucking end up
dancing with that fucking send up
where I end up feeling fucked up
of course I'll go
and drink Clapham dry
and drink in the night
but I will not try to take anybody home
Today I came out of my recent decline
emerged even sharper and more inspired
and I won't let her blunt me
I won't write that song again
not this weekend
I have a stalker
and three awards
I have a contract
and a concert hall
I have lovers
and many songs
I remain
a cock
No comments:
Post a Comment