Sunday, April 29, 2007

Give me the one chance
I'll take it
and I'll take you

Let me kiss you
tell me what you feel
Let me hold you
let me look you in the eye
and tell me what you feel

if you are ever sad
if you are ever unhappy
if you ever cry
I have to be there
I have to be there

Whatever you do not want is surplus
and will be thrown overboard
whatever you need is on order
and will be delivered
if you only give the word

Give the word

Give the word
and I will take your breath away
I will not give it back
until mine also is returned to me

I can smell your perfume even now
the memory is enough to relive each and every night

That scent drives me wild
I will smash whatever cage holds me
to get to you

I see you in so many women
each head turns,
it isn't you,
but still these imitations pass through
every frame of my day
they do not matter to me
You fill the frame
so completely
you burst the bounds
you break out in me
a riot
a riot of desperate longing
derangement of the senses
it will not be put down

Give the word

No comments: