Monday, April 09, 2007

come over
let's have it out
let's be done
or undone
as the case may be

I'm sick
of it
you're sick of something
holding on
drinking on
but it slips past still
you can't keep that life alive
it's over

it is over
and finished
and done

I'm caught somewhere between
my power over you
and my powerlessness
you are caught somewhere between two minds
his mind
and my mind
Are you out of yours?
What are you thinking
do you even let yourself?
I think you're drinking to keep the truth at bay
you're here again
to hide in the night and sleep through the day
but there is light still
even here
and I can see you
and so can they

Face up to it
face up to it and stop trying to save face
no use in being together
no use in getting through
just dancing on
dancing through
you're not kidding anyone
not me, love,
you're not kidding me
you're killing me

knock em dead
with your casual destruction
just keep it inside
keep it quiet
hope somehow
come tomorrow
things will be the way you wish them to appear
knock em dead
keep on smiling
don't let them suspect for one moment
you're dead and forever agonising
over everything

such as
he doesn't love me
such as
I don't love him
such as
I am not happy
such as
I want to be happy
such as
I cannot keep pretending
and something has to give

I will give,
love
I will give you everything and more
More:
honesty,
you're going to hear how it is
and face up
finally

No comments: