Wednesday, March 21, 2007

ah sad moves made
I remember you the boy
standing at the Hamley's table
watching toys whizz around
London was an impossible place
so very far away

ah sad moves now
you play with women
and make your way around London bars
in the dark rooms under flashing lights
your glass is filled to offer up impossible
dreams
the next morning they seem so very far away

oh sad times
as we all swing from snow to sun
and back again
I remember you were the wittiest
and the cleverest
and the hungriest
and the youngest
but it's funny
what you learn about memories
as you get older
you'll remember what you must

ah sad movies play
in the silver screen in back of mind
your mother,
your youth,
your lover,
your god,
your music
your essays
your weary
weary face
if you cannot bear to watch
you must get out of your mind

And now
Claudine
it seems I come to you
to fill a gap
a vacuum
so I will not call it love
I'm not such a fool as I'd have myself believe
not noble,
or honest,
but woken
I must fill my time with something
move my hands on something

Ah this boy,
please don't punish him
he doesn't know
he really doesn't know
wind up the toys
see his smile
he probably thinks he's
happy now

No comments: