Saturday, January 06, 2007

I know but...
can we just keep dancing
and you close your eyes
and the lights will go away
and I'll keep you safe
I'll have my eye on you
my eye out for you
and my heart,
right out there
too

can we just keep spinning like this
enveloped in the warmth of drunken abandon
abandoned to the hands and eyes and mouths of one another
can we just keep spinning like this
moving like a goddess
moving like the messiah
speaking fluently
of our bodies
and their need

keep going please
don't stop
close your eyes
and I will keep watch
everything is running through my mind
and I am feeling too much at once
but if I don't die from this
it will be one hell of a thing
to wake up for the next day
and smile bravely,
remembering

just here,
just here you and I would kiss
and that would be consistent
with the symmetry
and all those perfect laws
nature gave us
and nature loves us
because,
look at you,
you have no idea what you're doing to me.

If I cannot hold you naked
or kiss you lastingly
then we must go on.

We must not stop.

If you put your arms around me one more time
I will pull you in too close

If you swing that perfect arse toward me like that
one more time,
I'll see it in the morning too,
and that is that.

Because here we are again
where you handed me the dial
and said
"turn me any way you choose"
and as my fingers closed you added
"but you should know,
there's a right choice and a wrong choice."

Well, you should know something about me too.
Beneath the care and concern and the intellectual shite that I whip up for money
and underneath all the humour and the ambition and the passion,
there is a hungry, hungry heart
that cares nothing for right or wrong,
and will have what it desires
what ever the cost,
even if it's self-destruction.

So, perhaps you'd better stop afterall
I'm afraid if you keep playing this game with me
I will fuck you

No comments: