Monday, December 18, 2006

why are they all so shit
no one is ever good enough
the cracks where the light gets in?
no, the cracks where the light escapes
those cracks, in everything

and why are they all so dumb
so underwhelmed
and cumbersome?
why are they so duped and played,
thinking they know what they're doing
thinking they're winning the game

what if
it wasn't them

unthinkable

besides,
you're not the only one that noticed
not the only one

She walks into the kitchen and says "you'll be up there for Christmas I suppose"
"Yes" he replies
"well, have a good time"
"I'll try" he replies
and you know what,
I wish instead he'd kept his mouth shut
because those dreary conversations
don't do anyone any good

keep your mouth shut
play it safe
do not say another word
until you truly understand the game

for fuck's sake,
all that work of nature
and all that time
to bring about your beating heart
and this shit, THIS SHIT
is all you have to say.

No comments: