Monday, December 18, 2006

what I wanted to say is
things have gone awry,
things have gone sour,
things have come unstuck.

I bound these few things together
and tried to make it pass
but I was careless in my affections
and reckless at hand.

So:
it is undone.


Jesus come back,
we need to do this all again.
You start from the cross,
I'll start from the creche.
If I put a nail through your hand,
I didn't mean it.
I follow orders,
I'll nail anyone
I get my hands on.

God, spare them,
the confident fuckers
who walk too fast
and use their words
as though they think they know them.
And spare me
from myself,
from the electric shots which portray the signs of life.
I would rather be a robber on the cross
than that weak soldier fucker,
who carries out his duties well
and keeps the law onside.

Why won't you let me test you?
Why am I whispering to myself
even flickering electric screen
has more life than you
such a resurrection
that you disappear from view
such an ascension
that you rise too high and far
come back,
man,
come back.

why do we scare you so much?

what are you afraid of?

No comments: