Thursday, December 21, 2006

so she goes

finally

space to breathe

and now some rules:

- no more reeling in, just to take pride in the catch, before you throw it back
- no more regret or self-pity
- more anger, less compliments, more peace
- no sex, until you're over her - these issues are your own
- friends, and family, you take them close
- you make a choice, you take Africa or you take money, but make a fucking choice
- no more worship, no more worship, no more worhsip
- you play the Blues
- Paris, and then Montpellier - find Anneline, and find out how you healed with her, then you bring that lesson home.


so,

I still wonder if she thinks of me
as she makes the train journey
north

does she regret her choices,
one way or another?

I should move on,
This cannot come to any good.

I need a holiday.

From everything
and everyone.

But mostly,
from myself.

5 comments:

boudica of suburbia said...

But where?

boudica of suburbia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Shadow Cabinet said...

Either Sierra Leone, in alcohol or in some other's bed.

boudica of suburbia said...

Two of those are simple enough, Sierra Leone is lovely at this time of year, I hear.

The Shadow Cabinet said...

Absolutely. And if I'm lucky, I might be able to combine all three holiday choices into one trip. I'd pack my bags, but I'm drunk.