Dear God
Christ
I saw you hanging like a broken branch
White sap leaking from the Tree of Life
Nailed to dead wood
Carved by man
The Son of Man
But you're no man,
You said.
God I loved you
And I loved the climb
Up Calvary
And the searing pain of the cutting confession
And the bath of the spirit which takes away the skin
Leaves you naked and bleeding
Whiter than snow
Except it didn't, did it?
I'm afraid for you, Jesus
As I see you hanging there
Those Roman gamblers will turn you on your head
With their numbers and their science
And their heathen codes
They will break you into pieces and demean you
I am afraid for you, sweet thing,
I can see the vultures coming
Those Pharisees were nothing compared to this
The Gnostics have your number
So they tell us in their scripture
And Rachel is weeping like never before
From Lillith and the infants
to Valentinus and Judas
To Mary Magdalene and the proclamation of All Fours
You are slipping into doubt
You are becoming something cheap
Were you the manufactured saviour of a power hungry caste?
Were you the myth of something better for a very human race?
Lord of Lords and King of Kings
Divided Three
United One
The rod to beat the heathen and the pagan arts
Teller of tomorrow
Saviour of the world
What if you were just a person in a book?
No comments:
Post a Comment