and then there's the difference
a meeting of eyes so full of heavy words
and a separate arrangement of behaviour
for our exchanges,
more fragile,
holding back,
her ready smile
fading quickly
in my gaze.
I understand,
finally.
Given other times,
and other circumstances,
a latent love would take a hold
between us.
but we have these times,
and these circumstances,
and this very subtle
still born
longing
So,
she stays on guard
against this longing
which serves no use to her,
and her fading smile
and nervous glances
betray a recognition of
temptation.
But off guard,
and under drink,
she overwhelms
and I,
less guarded,
stand stunned
succumbed to her.
Stupid hearts.
8 comments:
be careful, they may be stupid but they're also fragile.
May I venture my opinion that it's because you're a man, that's why. Who am I to say that there's nothing wrong with it? If no man wanted to see us, women naked, the world would stop.
That we prefer not being seen naked for most of the time is some other issue....
...ok, probably kidding here...
What with artificial insemination, I'm not convinced the world would stop at all.
I did not mean to avert the converstaion, if there's any.
Oh good god.
I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a computer when I've been drinking.
Franci love, I value your contributions as ever. What people should do is ignore my comments and just carry on as if I wasn't there - it's better that way.
Allright that's ok, I was pissed off. I thought (and still think) I was misinterpreted probably because of my imperfect use of words. I wanted to make things clear but the mere thought of explaining it made me angry. I feared I would be misunderstood again and/or because of the subject that was an issue with me as well. If I see it well, that what it is.
And now I feel even more stupid b/c you're the second person in this Universe to reject help of any kind and/or help from me. I might attract people like this or people like this might draw me in, for otherwise, I never offer help so easily. I am not that kind and nice at all :) And see what happens when I do? They refuse. The first time my help was rejected I was gasping for air, not understanding it at all. Now I'm learning that it's not the way to help. If someone does not want help, I should not force it.
Yet, I accept your lines as kind words and have no issues towards you to make you worry about. That is allright. This is probably how it should be.
Now, I would like you to please read my answer on another post, by the poem I translated a day or two ago.
I prefer not telling you his name. Neither of you are fighters.
See also my entry at your translated poem.
I am allright by now. Hope you're doing fine, too.
Post a Comment