I believed only what I wanted to believe.
I saw only what suited me.
I heard only her words that encouraged me.
Her small attraction.
My sentimental overreaction.
Her mistakes were casual,
they gave encouragement
that brought her a temporary thrill,
but my mistakes were negligent,
criminal,
and they almost killed.
If I can make any claim in self-defence,
it is that love ruined my faculties,
knocked my instruments out of order,
disoriented me,
blinded.
But this is no excuse for a man of 32.
I have revealed myself to be a fool.
Better admired from afar.
The lesson ends.
2 comments:
ouch
( although I'm not sure age has much to do with it, couldn't an 80 year old be just as blinded by love, at least I hope so )
You're a force for good Isabelle.
I suppose I feel I should know better. I've been on the other side of this mess enough times.
Ah well, live and don't learn. Still get to live!
Post a Comment