Wednesday, October 01, 2014

The prayer of the unbeliever is a curious thing.
He cries out:
"I do believe. Help me overcome my unbelief!"

When his voice is no longer
an echo in the streets,
what does it mean?

My prayer is an unbelievable thing.
Built, as it is, on no faith,
on no belief,
it does not know what to do with itself.
It floats up to the heavens
and disappears.

I am not a vessel
perhaps I am the rocks.
I am not a channel
on a network of gods.

The prayer of the unbeliever is a curious thing.
When it is no longer heard,
what does it mean?

Perhaps it has been answered.
or perhaps he does not believe.

She is just another.
And I am just the same.

Oh my god, I want to believe.
Give me the strength to believe.

Or, on the other hand,
give me the random fluctuation of the universe
in the most favourable way,
personally.

The prayer of the unbeliever is a desperate thing.
It is at once surrender,
and nothing.









No comments: