Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I abandoned you
at the black lamp post
where the snow swirled
and there was no sound
I abandoned you
my taste still on your tongue

is there a piece of you shaped by me
that points toward some retribution or inquisition
or healing from the Most High?
Or did the snow fill up the gashes and the slits
and become stone, and later, skin?

See: I abandoned you
at the black lamp post
when the snow swirled
and there was no sound
but now the swallows swoop for spring
and it is almost as if
the horrors never happened
so my abandonment becomes nothing
and I am the one left wondering
and so deeply shaped by you.



2 comments:

gossamerbeynon said...

sometimes i think (perhaps) that it's the only way to live, as if the horrors never happened

Shadow Cabinet said...

Me too.
It might be the only way to live.