Friday, May 02, 2014

Anna calls from a thousand miles away
from a hotel room down in Walvis Bay.
She says 'Honey, I still see you, every night I’m cut.
I tried to change but I can't give it up.'
 
Now one time I had fallen by her side,
I did not have the strength to close my eyes.
For it was then that I was chosen, 
For it was then that she was open,
And it was in that night she summoned the divine.

Some nights I am still walking by her side -
we pass through all the places where we died.
On the streets of Barcelona I no longer hold her,
She ascends to seventh heaven with a sigh.

Now Anna calls from sixteen miles away,
Waking from another cocaine rage. 
She says 'Honey I keep moving, I try to keep it light,
But it gets so dark I have to get so high.'

So we go on,
and on,
and on,
out of our minds.

No comments: