I cannot come to the restaurant
because if I do
I will try to eat you
I have no light heart
this is no time for polite social engagements
I am one word
and one drink
away from a well executed but futile statement
this is my intent:
to unimagine you
we have no history
we did not share those nights
I did not kiss you
you did not say that it was nice
I never walked you home
you never called me up
I did not write those songs for you
you never hoped I would
we have no history
there was nothing there to see
I was never high on breaking point
you never danced for me
your tears never wet my shirt
I never wiped your cheek
you never spilled your heart to me
on damp south London streets
we were never any body
never bought and sold by night
fired by the heat of want
or terrified by right
we were never fuck or fury
we were never ache or touch
we were never broken desperates
and there was
never
any
love
I cannot be your friend
You weaken me
This is the end
No comments:
Post a Comment