Wednesday, May 02, 2007

he said you're ruined
he said I saw you there
the sun behind you
towering hands on hips
sunglasses said control
but you got nothing now
I saw right through you
he said
you're ruined
and you're hollow
and she rattles around inside you
she's not even fucking real
not the version of her that lives in your head
and you won't be saved will you now?
he said

I gone to the doctors
I said
I gone to the doctors and said
help me sleep
the doctor said
there's nothing I can do
it's all up to you
I said but there's nothing I can do too
she's as good as a dream
who can take hold of a dream
and live on it
all my diet is water
all my diet is thin air
all my diet is dregs of whisky and strands of burning hair
all my diet is bad songs and sad fucks
all my diet is no good

you're ruined he said
you've got nothing
have you
I saw through your words
and smiles
again
I saw through you
he said

I got nowhere to go
I said
I got nothing left
I said
I want a war
I said
I want to fight
I said

Fight yourself
he said

No comments: