Wednesday, May 09, 2007

funny how
it's not funny
isn't that funny

you say nothing
I'll take a skin graft

I'll investigate you
analyse your composition
maybe if I'm clever
I can deconstruct you
maybe if I'm lucky
I can rearrange you in just the right way
to make you need me

you shut up
dancer

I clouted myself
dumb clot
lost a tooth
in the early morning
trying to find a way
to break my body
dramatically
come come
if I was a father I would say
come come
son

If I was your father I would be concerned
I just want you to be happy

If I was you lover I would fall too short
and so would any other

shush

I fucking hate that music playing
that I have to write and tout
I fucking love it

Listen,
I'm better than this

Listen,
this is it
this is all I come to

come come
sunshine

I haven't imagined kissing you
I haven't had to
I only dreamed about you once
two nights ago
who's to say I have anything to say to you?

I'm furious

No comments: