Monday, March 19, 2007

Now it is about escape
I was stretched too far
too quickly
but who can complain
there are worse things in the world
than this

escape
is a difficult thing
perhaps a lie
but
still
I will be fleeing from this place
tonight
I will be running from you

today they lifted the ban
and the journalist called,
eager to know what happened
in Geneva

it was nothing
I reassured him
it's always nothing
but he craves the information
so I tell him straight:
"I spent my time thinking of her, I think I need her"
and he gets frustrated
but nothing else matters
does it,
though you're just as deceived as him
that bigger plays
on the world stage
and men in suits and polished boots
mean more
than teenage whim

bless you and your hope
bless you and your honesty
I wish I could be that crippled

sick of secrets
sick of working in the dark
and keeping others in the dark
and sick, most of all,
of feeling
and talking
and words
so escape
now it is escape

No comments: