Thursday, January 25, 2007

yesterday
over the Thames went I
vile war fuck
a fucker of orphans
but then

the music in my ears
was enough to carry me across
the white sky
of snow and ice
the Thames reflecting so much electric light
Big Ben alight
and St Paul's a dome of snow
so cold
Governor of Empire City
strictly this man is animal
and roaring
fucking open hell
I can and will conquer you
lie down before me London
and the sweet scent
of her bowels
fills me with hunger
and righteousness

God is in the parks
and bus shelters
God is in my soul
as I march across
from Waterloo
to capture
and record

I am the rising heat
and the falling ice
I am the holy fuck
and the seeping cunt
I am the last chance
for any of you
to gain salvation

And over now
she waits
trembling for me

It is a glorious thing to be so young
and so alive

No comments: