Friday, January 12, 2007

there was blues
my kind of blues
and they played my request
Dust My Broom
by Elmore James
and so,
she had to be sitting beside me
it was natural.

how I charmed her
I don't know
that's a lie
I moved very fast
and made her laugh
and showed her all my passions
as though mere accidental
glimpses
when she caught me off-guard
and I was still not sobre
this morning
when I said goodbye
stumbled out on to an unfamilar street
marvelled at the feeling of dislocation
tried to remember her name,
something French,
it came to me
but now the guilt plays,
shit
You stupid shit,
it happened like a dream
and I am only just waking up
to what I done

2 comments:

Plimco said...

Ah. Well then...

The Shadow Cabinet said...

Ah yes.
This is the utter shite we're dealing with.
Let's abandon him.
Quickly now.