"will you be okay"
he says
"I'll be fine"
she says
"yes but, really?"
he says
"Well life goes on, you just have to deal with things don't you?"
she says
I'm so sorry for hurting you
he doesn't say
I know I could save it, still
he doesn't say
But I think it's for the best, but it hurts just to imagine you in tears, to think of you alone, to think of all those years slipping away so casually, as if our hearts can be undone in weeks and months, though our vows were made 'forever'
he does not say
God this is hard, and you know that I still love you, and I can't help feeling I'm wrecking your life.
But I only want to save you, we'll never make it work,
But yes,
I'm crippled by self-doubt
he never says
Then he leaves the room and she falls asleep in a double bed alone
now why must this be done?
he's such a stupid fucker, such a stupid weary fucker,
he'll never work it out
the reason is: he's such a weary fucker, and he won't let his woman wait an age to hear him say
"And now I've worked it out, and I realise it's you, and I am happy by your side and I have been such a tedious fool!"
Yes, a real tedious fucker,
but you wouldn't think to look
that breathing underneath that skin
was a soul destroying fuck
No comments:
Post a Comment