Friday, December 08, 2006

July 2006

let me loose my blood to you
let it run the same grooves and bends and valleys
let it mingle with the sand and soil
let it wash from mountain to sea
carving rocks and smoothing stone
let it find itself lost within you
diluted sweetly
torn from the sea straight back into your arms
to fall and run again, endlessly


let my body become weather
let my body be your mineral and rust
let my body by your whispering and trickle
let it rest in hidden pools that form in balmy summers
let it feed the thirsty flocks
let it rise as vapor and tumble down the breathing hillside
into fields and farms and railway tracks
take my spirit and rinse it though your dampened earth
leave only echoes and mineral and cold
leave only naked water
leave me mighty, wrapped up in a cracked shell
on an out of season littered beach
I would trade my career in the industry of human suffering,
I would abandon those around me,
I would forgo my whole life,
to have you grant me this


You are making me weep and ache again.
I will succumb to time.

No comments: