how well you photocopy
how well you accept my offer of a coffee
how well you handle conversation
you have not compromised any of your natural consideration
surely another reason she chose you
how well you take the lift
how well you take the calls
and arrange for the playpen to be rebuilt within your office walls
not faltering over memories which bring tears to my eyes
and I am only listening in
as you deal with every caller of concern and care
giving each one more time than is required
how well you turn to me and smile
how well you apologise for attending to the telephone
how well you do not seem to grieve before me
but I see her photogtaph on every wall of this office
And I know you have no heart
No soul
No mind
You are but aches and pains
and we will never see her kind again.
No comments:
Post a Comment