"How long is it since you last went to the cinema?"
She asks, wiping crumbs from her breast,
I smile and feel unwell.
An older lover sends an email, no coincidence we know,
says "I'm in London, often, we should meet up for a drink."
But it would be far too easy to go back there again.
Another, with her beauty and her effortless charm,
links arms with me and links arms with her man.
Is she enjoying being wanted, is she shyly unaware?
You know that as soon as I'm ready, this woman will disappear.
I do not wish to love another ever again.
So here's to lust.
5 comments:
I'm almost 30, and it's becoming depressingly evident that even the easiest of my ex's are no longer interested in me.
Actually, having said that, maybe there's one.
But anyhow. I think I'm losing even the lust.
cheers! sometimes it doesn't have to be all love. *wink*
I knew you would, the cinema that is.
Chin, chin love. To lust.
I don't think that's possible antonym, if it is I'll have some of what you're having, my lust gets me in trouble a little too often.
To paraphrase Pato Banton:
"Come Back! Yes with my color T. V./and my C. D. collection of Bob Marley./Come Back! Yes with my bag of Sensi/and we can blog together for eterni-tee."
Boudica, thanks for reminding me of that song. A true modern classic.
Post a Comment