Friday, May 11, 2012

You are sifting through the photographs
and documenting our union.
You ask me if I remember the abbey
Outside Strasbourg,
Or the strewn sheets of Lausanne.

In truth, I am involved in a project of my own.
I am not a mind, I am an archive of perpetual recollection.

In answer to your question:
The things that I remember most
Are the ditches filled with wild nettles and abandoned faded children's toys,
Which have lined the paths of all my journeys,
From the Wrekin hill to Hebden Bridge,
From Sloane Square to Lynfield Mount,
From Haworth Moor to County Down
From the fevered creche to the crucifix,
And back into my hell.

Baby, I remember everything.
I remember all too well.

2 comments:

boudica of suburbia said...

may sound stupid. no. it does sound stupid, but...

bon my way home I was listening to Nina Simone "ain't no use" and your closing lines resonate with that entire song. perfectly

madness, I tell you.

Anonymous said...

To resonate with Nina Simone, now there's a thing.

Thanks for your tip by the way, dollface.